A draft National Land Policy 2016 has been circulated for consultation with stakeholders. This is a revision of the National Land Policy 1995.
Items of note include that the Government shall ensure that :
- Private sector encouraged to mobilise resources to develop land through PPPs (para 7.2.4).
- Mining projects shall compensate any affected land surface rights which can include giving an equity share in the mining business (para 4.25.3(i)).
- Land for foreign investors shall be for a maximum 33 years (para 4.4.3(iii)).
- Ground lease granted by the Capital Development Authority in Dodoma shall be converted to Rights of Occupancy (para 4.1.3(xi)).
- Foreign entities cannot acquire village land through any means, including by lease (para 4.2.3(v)).
- “Long term benefit sharing” for “expansive” land investments (para 4.4.3(iv)).
- Land holding company share transfer to foreign investor shall automatically cancel Right of Occupancy (para 4.7.3(iii)).
Please contact us if you have any comments or questions, so we can advise you further.