Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments) (No 4) Bill 2021 includes proposed changes to the Employment Regulations as outlined briefly below:
- Amendment to ensure that there is a simplified and improved manner of issuing work permits to non-citizen workers as incentive to foreign and local investors who have decided to employ non-citizens.
- Amendment to extend time limit for applicants willing to work in Tanzania to 8 years from the current 5 years.
- Amendment to empower the Labour Commissioner to attach conditions to work permits depending on a number of circumstances, including a request by the applicant to stay in the country for a specific period of time.
- Amendment to provide special incentives to investors to extend the immigrant quota to 10 employees from the current 5 employees who shall work in Tanzania during the whole period of investment.
- Amendment to entitle investor employing 10 local employees to employ 1 non-citizen employee.
- Amendment to enable the Minister to make Regulations which shall regulate the manner and processes of issuing work permits and incentives to investors.
Please contact us if you have any comments or questions.